Get involved! We welcome and encourage all members and non-members to help and share their skills with us. Not all of our work is done out in the field; much of our work is done “behind the scenes” and we need a wide variety of skills.
As the business of looking after our Reserves and promoting the work of Wombats SA is so varied, we have set up a number of Working Groups which focus on different activity areas. Generally, these are informal groups and involvement is flexible. They may be established and disbanded as our work program changes. All Wombats SA members (not just committee members) are welcome and encouraged to participate in these groups, as are any non-members, who have particular knowledge, skills and experience that they are willing to share with us.
If you are interested and would like to be involved, please contact us.
Wombats SA Working Groups
- Ranger – Head Ranger, duties, roster
- Reserves Management – Volunteer days, weeding, fencing, track repair, etc
- Grass seed raising in tube stock
- Scientific Working Group – advisory board and research
- Habitat monitoring – including motion sensor cameras and other peripheral activities
- Publications – Natural History journal, books
- Wombats SA Outreach Group – overall strategy, digital materials, Facebook, website, member & donor liaison, fund raising, etc
- Networking – interviews, media releases, etc
- Historical Records – maintaining a library and building a digital database of our historical records (scanning!)