Welcome to Perspectives, a place for personal thoughts, reflections, opinions and observations of our members, past and present. Like any organisation, our members have individual views on how best we may achieve our objectives. Perspectives is an area for members to express these thoughts and ideas with the intention of encouraging constructive dialogue amongst our members and the wider community on the important goal of protecting and preserving our native flora and fauna. As such, some of the contributions are for discussion and do not represent an agreed position of the management committee. Other members have contributed articles on observations at our reserves, the personal benefits and pleasures they obtain from visiting the reserves and volunteering their time and effort to help maintain them.If you have any comment on any of the articles presented here or if you are a member and would like to contribute to Perspectives, please contact us.
- Fire in 1788 – an audio presentation by Bill Gammage
- Visits to Portee in the 1960s – photographs by Alwin Clements
- Berna’s Rewards – personal observations from Moorunde 1971-1998 by Berna Clements
- Wombats at Barmera – breeding and caring for wombats in in the early 1970s by Brian Staker
- Wombat Reporters – articles by international freelance journalists Emily & Ola d’Aulaire